-->

Innisfree Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask | Review

Innisfree has recently unveiled a range of new additions to its Jeju Volcanic skin care line called the "Volcanic Clay Mousse"!

I have here with me one of the additions — "Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask"!
A new mousse formula clay mask that contains 6020mg super volcanic scoria. With innovative technology, the micro-clay mousse molecules are created to be smaller than our pores. As a result, it works it's way into hard-to-reach, tiniest and deepest pores powerfully absorbs sebum, removes dirts and eliminates various pore concerns.

Fun Fact: Volcanic scoria is a rare and natural ingredient created from lava that solidified when volcanoes last erupted on Jeju island. With its porous structure full of microscopic pits, it has stronger sebum and body-waste absorptive power.

4-FREE: Free of Mineral Oil, Artificial Scent, Animal Ingredients, Imidazolidinyl-urea

By the way, this product has a commercial which I find it very creative: "Volcanic Clay Mousse Commandos clean the deepest pores and conquer the toughest sebum. 
NO PORES ARE IMPOSSIBLE!"

It comes in a can bottle with a pump dispenser which is more easier to withdraw the content than the previous version that comes in a jar. Also, it prevents air from getting into the bottle, maintaining the "freshness" of the content.


Plus, it has a little tab plug attachment that shut off tightly at the opening, which I think is great because it acts as an extra protection to prevent the air from flowing into the bottle and dry up the content.

Compared to the previous version "Super Volcanic Clay Mask", this has a fluffier, smoother and creamier texture that glides over the skin easily.


How To Use: After cleansing, apply sufficient amount onto your face avoiding your eyes and lips area...

...like what I did~...

BOOOOOO~ with the mask being applied:


and leave it on for 10-15 minutes... Normally, I would just rest and relax~

Rinse it off with lukewarm water after 10-15 minutes and proceed with your daily skin care regimen.

It is recommended to use this mask once or twice a week.

Tried and Tested
As usual, I got my mom to help me out for the demonstration pictures as it was easier for me to take the shots.

So here's a picture of her right hand with the mask being applied.

*with flash* (ps: I forgot to turn off the flash :x)

And here's the BEFORE and AFTER comparison picture:

*without flash*

...moving on to...

"Moisture + Oil Test"
on my T-zone area.

Here's the measurement guidelines for you to refer back to later:

*P.S. Analyzing Standards:
The standard value of moisture level is 38%++, 3-5 bars (normal to very moisturized).
The standard value of oiliness (skin type) is 3 bars (normal). - means balanced, which is neither too oily nor too dry.
The standard value of cells (roughness/softness) is soft - happy face.

BEFORE applying the mask:

AFTER applying the mask:
Skin's moisture decreased from 3 bars to 2 bars; from 41% to 35%.
Oiliness decreased from 5 bars to 3 bars.
Skin's cells (.aka. skin texture) became less soft...

- *Results shown are before cleansing and without applying toner and moisturizer* -

Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask fits perfectly onto my skin and it gives a mild cooling effect. It dries tighter than the previous version and it dries up quickly. On top of that, it can be washed off easily. I use this once on a weekly basis and after using it for 3 times, I noticed that I have lesser clogged pores issues. Therefore, I concluded that it did deep cleanse thoroughly, removing excess sebum, dirt and fine particles trapped in my pores. It also buffed away dull dead skin cells, leaving my skin complexion looking brighter. With weekly usage, it may tighten the pores making them look less apparent in the long run.

In my view, this Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask may be too strong for dry skin user. Hence, if you have dry skin, I suggest to opt for the Jeju Volcanic Mousse Mask (Original) instead of this Super one. FYI, Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask is designed for oily, combination skin type. Whilst, Jeju Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask is for normal, dry skin.

Overall, in my view, it is an effective pore purifying mask! You gotta give it a try! :)

P.S.: I made a table comparing the Jeju Volcanic clay masks that Innisfree carries... :

Also, do check out my review on Innisfree...
- Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (Original)
- Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
Hopefully what I have shared can help you in choosing the most ideal type of clay mask for your skin. :)

No comments